Avast Me Hearties Easy To Make Pirate Slime
Avast Me Hearties! It’s time to create this easy to make Pirate Slime in honor of Talk Like A Pirate Day!
So yer ‘ere to learn the vast secrets of this sacred day and how to celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day you’ve come to the right place. If you’re at Walt Disney World you can of course ride Pirates of the Caribbean over and over and over again. At home? It’s time for a Pirates of the Caribbean movie night but if your family is like ours, this is the perfect day to have some fun and nothing says fun more than this easy to make Pirate Slime.
The International Talk Like A Pirate Day celebration started in June 1995 when the innovative minds of Ol’ Chumbucket and Cap’n Slappy (formally known as John Baur and Mark Summers) sat down and decided to start the holiday as a fun way to dress up as pirates and talk like them too! This day offers an opportunity to not only mess around but to give something back. People can dress up as pirates and raise money for charities, what’s better than that!?
It’s a fun and easy day to celebrate and how to do that is a vast as the wide-open seas. Be sure to grab yourself an eye patch, bandana, baggy shirt, and a little toy parrot or monkey, and of course it is all about using that pirate dialect that we’ve all come to know and love. You could even have a pirate-themed party with edible gold coins and balloon sword fights! But now on to the real fun me hearties, here’s how to create our easy to make Pirate Slime.
1 (6 ounces) bottle Elmer’s Glue in clear
About ¼ cup of warm water
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon contact lens solution (containing boric acid)
Red liquid food coloring
- Empty the glue into a large bowl.
- Fill the empty glue bottle about ⅓ full with warm water (about ¼ cup) and seal with the lid. Shake well to combine the remaining glue with the water. Pour into bowl with glue and stir to combine.
- Add the baking soda to the glue and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the food coloring.
- Add contact lens solution to the glue mixture and stir well. (Note: regular glue will require less contact lens solution than glitter glue. Add the contact lens solution slowly, mixing between additions, and add only enough to bring the glue together into a softball.)
- Remove the slime from the bowl. The slime will be sticky. Begin to play with the slime, kneading it as you would bread dough, to bring the slime together. The slime is ready when it is no longer sticky.
- Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not in use.
It’s just that easy. Whether it’s to celebrate birthdays, Halloween or just for a day of play and discovery. let the fun begin. Now that you’ve seen how simple it is to create our easy to make Pirate Slime, how will you celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day?