Easy To Make Butterfly Dot Canvas Art
With Sunday right around the corner, we have this easy-to-make Butterfly Dot Canvas Art just in time for Mother’s Day. This year, Mother’s Day will take on a whole new look with creations from the heart made with things you can easily find right around your own home. Butterflies are a sign of Spring and hope and our East to make Butterfly Dot Canvas Art is just in time to make mom smile from ear to ear and fill her heart with joy this Mother’s Day. If you’re looking for a great beginner canvas painting project, then this butterfly project may be right up your alley. You just need a few basic supplies that you can pick up at any craft store, and you will be ready to make this colorful project. This canvas art is easy enough for kids and adults to make, with no special artistic skill needed. You can even change up the colors of paint used, to make a butterfly art project unique to you and your home’s decor. Of course, this beautiful craft makes a great gift idea too! Get started by checking out the tutorial below.
My son, knowing my love for my favorite princess, Ursula (she’s not evil, merely misunderstood) featuring the iconic Disney character. With no cute homemade Mother’s Day gifts coming home from school this year, this is the next best thing, and maybe even better! So let’s get started with our easy to make Butterfly Dot Canvas Art just in time for Mother’s Day this Sunday.
Butterfly Dot Canvas Art
- 8×10 Canvas
- Acrylic Paint in 3 colors. This project used Petunia Purple, Valentine Pink and China Blue
- Circle foam brush
- Printed butterfly template
- Tape or glue dots
- Paper plate or scrap cardboard to pour paint onto
- (optional) hairdryer
- Download and print butterfly template
- Using the scissors, cut around the edges of the butterfly template
- Apply tape or glue dots to the back of the cut-out butterfly template, in each of the four corners, and the middle.
- Apply the butterfly template to the middle of the canvas.
- Starting with one color (in this case purple), lightly dip the circle foam brush into the paint, and start “stamping” dots onto the edges of the butterfly template. Make sure to space them out so that there is room for other colors to be stamped onto the canvas.
- Allow the first color to dry. I used a hairdryer to speed up the drying process.
- Rinse and dry circle foam brush.
- Repeat steps 5 – 7 with the other two colors, until the edges of the butterfly are filled with color.
- Now you will begin with purple again, stamping dots onto the canvas, along the edges of the colors that are already stamped.
- Repeat this process, alternating between all three colors, until your canvas is full. Remember to allow each color to dry before starting a new color, and to rinse and dry your brush between each color.
- Once the canvas is full, allow it to dry. Carefully remove the butterfly template.
It’s just that easy! Now that you’re all set to surprise mom this Sunday for Mother’s Day with our easy to make Butterfly Dot Canvas Art masterpiece, what else will you be creating?