#WRESTLEMANIA 31 and #BeaSTAR Take Over Levi Stadium
Let’s get ready to rumble because #WRESTLEMANIA 31 and # BeaSTAR are coming to town to take over Levi StadiumThe Super Bowl of sports entertainment has come to the San Francisco Bay area when WrestleMania 31 takes over Levi Stadium this weekend. Everyone knows about WrestleMania, the WWE and their great wrestling matches, but how many know about all the charitable causes that the WWE takes part in each and every year?
Just take a peek of what these sports superstars have been up to since they hit town:
Fans from all 50 states and nearly 40 countries will descend upon the San Francisco Bay Area for a week-long lineup of festivities in celebration of WrestleMania 31, taking place this Sunday, March 29, live on WWE Network and pay-per-view at 7 pm ET/4 pm PT, from Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif. WWE also hosted a dozen community outreach events designed to give back to the local region including:
- Children’s Hospital Visits- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and Ronald McDonald House at Stanford played host to WWE Superstars Sin Cara® and The UsosTM and WWE Divas CameronTM and Eva MarieTM when they visited the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and Ronald McDonald House at Stanford. To help make the visit even more memorable, Mattel® donated WWE action figures for the WWE Superstars and Divas to distribute to the patients at these two facilities.
- WrestleMania Reading Celebration –Horace Cureton Elementary School Last Thursday, more than 100 students at Horace Cureton Elementary School participated in a Reading Celebration (#WWEReadingSuperstar) featuring WWE Superstars Sheamus® and Hornswoggle® and WWE Diva Rosa MendesTM. In an effort to promote literacy, WWE partners with First Book for the WrestleMania Reading Challenge, delivering an innovative digital reading experience for children ages 4-12 and teens ages 13-18.
- Be a STARTM Anti-Bullying Rally- Joseph George Middle School- the WWE’s anti-bullying program, Be a STAR (Show Tolerance And Respect), brought their anti-bullying campaign to 300 students at Joseph George Middle School (#BeaSTAR). which encourages young people to treat each other with tolerance and respect through education and grassroots initiative. WWE’s Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon, WWE Superstars The Miz®, Damien Mizdow TM and Darren Young®, WWE Diva Layla®, WWE announcer Renee Young™ and representatives from GLAAD and Facebook inspired the young students with their visit.
- Make-A-Wish® Pizza Party The Tech Museum of Innovation was the home for WWE Superstar John Cena as he hosted his annual Make-A-Wish pizza party at the Tech Museum in San Jose, where he inducted 25 wish kids into WWE’s Circle of Champions. As part of its 30-year alliance with Make-A-Wish, WWE will also host the wish kids and their families at WrestleMania 31. With more than 475 wishes and counting, Cena has granted more wishes than any celebrity or athlete in Make-A-Wish history.
- Special Olympics Basketball Game – Peterson Middle School will be home court on Saturday for the WWE, a Promotional Partner of the 2015 Special Olympics World Games, along with Special Olympics Northern California, as the host of a special exhibition basketball game. Special Olympics athletes will be participating in the game and WWE Superstar Kofi Kingston and WWE Diva CameronTM will serve as honorary coaches and WWE Hall of Famer Howard FinkelTMwill be the official commentator.
- WrestleMania 31 – Sunday, March 29, Levi’s Stadium
More than 70,000 fans are about to converge on the Levi’s Stadium for WWE’s annual pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania 31 (#WRESTLEMANIA). Brock Lesnar will defend his WWE World Heavyweight Championship against a Superstar on the rise, Roman Reigns. After 14 years of anticipation, Sting steps into a WWE ring for the first time to take on Triple H. In his first appearance since WrestleMania 30, Undertaker returns to take on Bray Wyatt. Plus, John Cena takes on Rusev for the U.S. Championship, and “The Viper” Randy Orton faces The Authority’s hand-picked face of the future, Seth Rollins. The stars of Total Divas, The Bella Twins take on the team of AJ and Paige, seven-men vie for the Intercontinental Championship in a ladder match, and 20-men will compete in the second annual Andre the Giant Battle Royal.Grammy® Award winner and entertainment icon, LL COOL J, will appear in the video opening of WrestleMania, titled “The Showcase of the Immortals.”
Can’t make it to Northern California this weekend to take in all the action in person? WWE Studios and Warner Bros. have teamed up to bring their all important Be a STARTM message right into your own homes. Check out the latest in this original movie now available on DVD, “The Flintstones and WWE: Stone Age Smackdown”
“Yabba dabba doo!” WWE Superstars and Divas meet Fred Flintstone, Barney Rubble and “The Flintstones” gang when WWE comes to Bedrock in “The Flintstones and WWE: Stone Age SmackDown.” The animated family feature is available now on Digital HD, Blu-ray and DVD from WWE Studios and Warner Bros.
The animated feature will star Mr. McMahon as “Mr. McMagma,” John Cena as “John Cenastone,” Daniel Bryan as “Daniel Bry-Rock,” The Bella Twins as “The Boulder Twins” along with other Superstars and Divas. This isn’t Cena’s first collaboration with “The Flintstones” franchise, as the WWE Champion was the first non-Flintstones persona to take over Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles cereal box covers.