UPDATE! How To Get A Boarding Pass For Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
The Force is strong at Disney’s Hollywood Studios here’s your updated look at how to get a boarding pass for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
As the excitement for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration on October 1 continues to build, still one of the most asked questions has now been answered: “Will I still be able to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance?” and happily the Force is Strong at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the answer is “YES!” Gone are the early mornings of gathering in the predawn hours of the parking lot of Disney’s Hollywood Studios hoping to be lucky enough to join one of the virtual boarding groups along with hundreds of your closest friends and actually the new process just announced by Disney looks to be easier than ever before.
Here’s your complete guide and everything you need to know about how to get a boarding pass for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios over the next few months.
First, make sure that you have made RESERVATIONS AHEAD OF TIME for the day you plan on visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios. You can get more information on everything you need to know on how to make reservations to visit all 4 of the parks at Walt Disney World here.
Once you’ve made your upcoming Disney Park Pass reservations to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will once again be using virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app. If you’ve joined the Resistance before, you will want to note a few changes to the process. Most importantly – as availability allows – guests will have an opportunity at 7:00 am and 1:00 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue. This means there is no need to arrive early to the park to check the virtual queue.
Let’s say that one more time-THERE IS NO NEED TO ARRIVE EARLY AT THE PARK TO CHECK THE VIRTUAL QUEUE!
Whether it’s your first trip to Batuu or you have joined the fight against the First Order before, there are a few important details to know before you arrive:
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (7:00a.m. and 1:00 p.m).
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some guests may join backup groups.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to your park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, cast members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist. While you wait for your virtual queue group to be called, you can enjoy other experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios including our newest addition, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, and we know many guests are familiar with using a virtual queue to experience this one-of-a-kind adventure. For other attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney is still using regular standby queues to manage capacity and to maintain physical distancing.
Walt Disney World Resort is waiting for you to experience the most magical place on earth. What are your most excited to experience first and what do you think of the new way of this new update to the virtual queue and how to get a boarding pass for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios?