Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Fluff Filled Cupcakes
When is a chocolate cupcake more than just a plain old chocolate cupcakes? When they’re Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Fluff Filled Cupcakes, that’s when. Summer is here and we have the perfect way to sweeten up any day of the week.
Everyone loves chocolate cupcakes but now you can take them up to the next level, or beyond with this melt-in-your-mouth goodness, our very special Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Fluff Filled Cupcakes! You’re drooling just thinking about it, aren’t you? Whether you’re looking to make something special for Father’s Day. or it’s your turn to bring treats or your packing up a picnic to celebrate the beginning of summer, why settle for mere chocolate cupcakes when you can surprise your family with Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Fluff Filled Cupcakes?
Even the name lets you know that this is above and beyond any chocolate cupcake you’ve ever had. These are the cupcakes that will firmly establish you as a baker extraordinaire and no one will ever know just how quick and easy they are to make. But be forewarned, that once you serve these, your family and friends will keep coming back for more. No more plain old chocolate cupcakes for your family. It’s time to take it to the next level.
Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Fluff Filled Cupcakes with
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Buttercream Frosting
- 1 dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1-3.5-ounce box of chocolate pudding
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cupcake liners (Get them at Walmart or on Amazon)
- Cupcake Injector (Get them at Walmart or on Amazon)
- 3 sticks salted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla, divided
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- 8 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3-4 tablespoons half and half, divided
- 1 large and 2 smaller piping bags, 1 large round frosting tip
Peanut Butter Fluff Filling Ingredients:
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup half and half
Ingredients for the Drizzle (optional):
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons half and half
Directions for Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or line a standard muffin tin.
- Steps 1-2: Add cake mix to a large mixing bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix in your water, oil, and eggs on medium until well incorporated. Mix in the chocolate pudding.
- Steps 3-4: Add in the chocolate chips. Fold until all ingredients are mix thoroughly.
- Step 5: Add batter into the muffin tin until each is about 2/3 full. Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before adding the peanut butter filling.
Directions for Filling:
- Steps 6-7: Gather ingredients for your peanut butter filling. In a medium-size bowl, add cream cheese, half and half, and egg. Using a stand or hand mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
- Step 8: At a low speed, mix in your peanut butter and powdered sugar until well incorporated.
- Steps 9-10: Using the end of a spoon or the open end of your piping tip, make an opening in the middle of each cupcake. Add the peanut butter filling to the cupcake injector. Carefully inject the filling into the middle of each cupcake.
Directions for Frosting:
- Steps 1-2: In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream the 1 ½ sticks of the butter, and beat until light and fluffy. Mix in the peanut butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Steps 3-4: Slowly mix in the 4 cups of the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, while adding in up to 2 tablespoons of the half and half or milk in between each cup. Continue to mix for 1 minute or until creamy.
- Steps 5-6: In a separate mixing bowl, add in the remaining 1 ½ sticks of the butter, and beat until light and fluffy. Mix in the cocoa powder and the remaining teaspoon of vanilla.
- Steps 7-8: Slowly mix in the 4 cups of the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, while adding in up to 2 tablespoons of the half and half or milk in between each cup. Continue to mix for 1 minute or until creamy.
- Step 9: Fill one of the small piping bags with the peanut butter frosting and the other smaller piping bag with the chocolate frosting.
- Step 10: Slip the two smaller piping bags into the larger piping bag that has the piping tip. Squeeze out a bit of the frosting until it begins to swirl.
- Step 11: Frost your cupcakes.
Directions for the Chocolate Drizzle:
(This step is optional, but it sure does add some flair and flavor 😊)
Steps 12-13: Add ½ cup chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons of half and a half to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30-second bursts, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle over the cupcakes.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
Now take your chocolate cupcakes from ordinary to extraordinary and sweeten up any day. This weekend, surprise your family and friends with our melt-in-your-mouth, Triple-Chocolate Peanut Butter Fluff Filled Cupcakes, sure to brighten up any day and WOW any crowd. What’s your favorite way to take your chocolate cupcakes to the next level?