STAR WARS DAY-ALL NEW Solo: A Star Wars Movie Trailer, LEGO Pedicab + Star Wars Merchandise Discounts That Are Out Of This Galaxy #RoarForChange
From a galaxy not so far away, Star Wars fans from across the universe are celebrating Star Wars Day today and proclaiming to one and all May The 4th Be With You. In honor of this very special day, we are excited to present an all-new trailer from the up and coming Solo: A Star Wars Movie, as well as a special way that you can give back by donating to UNICEF with through the #RoarForChange Challenge, a once in a lifetime ride in a LEGO Pedicab and of course no Star Wars Day, is complete without discounts on all your Star Wars favorites.
SOLO: A Star Wars Movie
In honor of Star Wars Day on Friday, May 4th (Be With You) the Force is strong with all these intergalactic new activity sheets, posters and all new trailer as we make the leap to hyperspace all leading up to the much anticipated Solo: A Star Wars Story, which blasts into theaters Memorial Day Weekend, May 25.
The saga tells the tale of a young Han Solo, Lando and everyone’s favorite Wookie, Chewbacca as we find out more about this loveable rogue. We first met Solo Star when he and his co-pilot Chewbacca accepted a charter request to transport Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, C-3PO,and R2-D2 from Tatooine to Alderaan on their ship, the Millennium Falcon. Han owed crime lord Jabba the Hutt a great deal of money and had a price on his head.
Bounty hunter Greedo tries to deliver Solo to Jabba, dead or alive, but after a failed attempt to extort the money as a bribe for letting him go, Han managed to shoot and kill Greedo. But while we all know how it ends, what we didn’t know was how it began-until now. On May 25 you’re invited to step on board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, the all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy.
Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo befriends his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes. Directed by the one and only Ron Howard, the film stars Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Paul Bettany, Solo: A Star Wars Story blasts off into theaters across the galaxy May 25.
And now the all-new trailer 190 Years Old Clip from Solo: A Star Wars Story:
Now you can have the chance to ride in the Millennium Falcon and not just any Millennium Falcon but one created from LEGO! LEGO is giving fans the ride of a lifetime in the Millennium Falcon inspired LEGO pedicab. You might not travel to a galaxy far, far, away but once around the block in this creation shows that the Force is strong in you!
- LEGO builders have designed and assembled (using the Force) a life-size working pedicab made out of LEGO bricks.
- The pedicab is taking to the streets of Manhattan in celebration of Star Wars Day on Friday, May 4th.
- Fans can climb aboard the Millennium Falcon inspired pedicab for a free ride around Bryant Park.
- First, come-first served rides will take-off and drop-off on 6th Avenue between 40th Street and 41st Street looping around Bryant Park.
- A limited number of rides 10-minute rides available throughout the day from 9:00am-7:00pm.
- Chewbacca will also be nearby to meet, greet, and pose for photos with padawans, apprentices, and masters alike
Fun facts about the LEGO pedicab:
- The “fully operational” pedicab was made using 20,300 bricks.
- This project consisted of 396 hours of design and build time—that’s a total of 16.5 days!
- Check out building process in this speed-build video (there is no sound):[KGVID]http://www.disneygals.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Pedicab-Speedbuild-Star-Wars-LEGOS.mp4[/KGVID]
May The 4th Be With You! Check Out These Great Happenings In A Galaxy Not So Far Away:
This Star Wars Day, you can be a Force for good while unleashing your best Wookiee roar! Lucasfilm and Star Wars: Force for Change today announced Roar For Change, a global challenge in support of UNICEF that invites fans to share their own version of Chewbacca’s fearsome roar on social media.
For each public post, like, or share on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter that includes #RoarForChange between May 3 – 25, 2018, Star Wars: Force for Change U.S. will donate $1 to UNICEF USA, up to $1 million. Funds will be used to support UNICEF’s lifesaving work for children around the world.
Simply share your best Chewbacca impersonation, try donning a Hasbro Electronic Chewbacca mask, or create a Dubsmash using one of Chewbacca’s best-known roars from the Star Wars saga, available now on the app homepage. As this campaign kick-off video notes, Chewbacca may be a bit of a diva on set according to his Solo: A Star Wars Story co-stars and director Ron Howard, but beneath the furry façade and gruff carpet-like exterior, he has a heart of gold.
The fun continues tonight when fans attending Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite gather for an epic celebration worthy of Kashyyyk for park-wide Wookiee roars. On May the 4th, guests at the Disney Store in San Francisco can meet Chewbacca in the fur and roar alongside the legend himself. And stop in anytime May 4 – 6 and roar in a Disney store nationwide to receive 10% off your Star Wars purchase after posting on social media using #RoarForChange. Find out more about the campaign here.
GET YOUR GAME ON
- For gamers, this will be a May the 4th long remembered. To celebrate the fans this Star Wars Day, there will be giveaways of some awesome in-game items, characters, and more in our favorite Star Wars games and up to 75% off select titles across mobile, PC, and console platforms. Free in-game content includes previews of updates from Solo: A Star Wars Story, heading to several of your favorite games later this month!
Star Wars: Jedi Challenges
- Now you can challenge your friends and family to a lightsaber duel with the brand new multiplayer mode from Lenovo’s augmented reality experience. The latest update, Lightsaber Versus Mode, allows two players – each equipped with the smartphone-powered headset, lightsaber hilt controller, and tracking beacon – to face off in AR lightsaber battles, while in the same room. Available May 4.
- In Star Wars: Force Arena, pre-registration opens on May 3 for the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story-inspired game update, with new content and characters from the soon-to-be-released film, including a young Han Solo. If 200,000 people pre-register for this special update, all players will receive a Legendary Wild Card as an in-game gift. And you can snag free 40th anniversary characters like Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader or get a discount on the full anniversary character pack. More information here.
- Get up to 30% off in-app purchases in Star Wars: Commander and Star Wars: Force Arena. In Star Wars: Commander, there are free bonuses including complimentary crystals and a sneak preview of the new AT-DT Walker from the upcoming film, Solo: A Star Wars Story, launching later this month. Offer valid May 2 – May 10.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes fans who login on May 4 will be rewarded with free shards for “Han Solo.” Fans can also look forward to receiving 25% more crystals in all Crystal Bundles purchased in Galaxy of Heroes from May 4 – May 11.
Get up to 25% off in-app purchases of Rubies in Disney Tsum Tsum, now including adorable versions of your favorite Star Wars characters and Solo-themed puzzles. Offer valid May 3 – May 11.
- Grab a free Star Wars emoji of Rey, Finn, or BB-8 on May the 4th and get up to 30% off select in-app purchases in Disney Emoji Blitz from May 4 – May 6.
- Get Star Wars Pinball 6 for free, 50% off select Star Wars Pinball tables, and 50% off Knights of the Old Republic. Offer valid May 3 – May 10.
- Google Play
Get up to 30% off in-app purchases in Star Wars: Commander, Star Wars: Force Arena, and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and get Star Wars Pinball 6 for free, 50% off select Star Wars Pinball tables and 50% off Knights of the Old Republic. Offer valid May 3 – May 10.
- Also in Star Wars: Force Arena, pre-registration opens on May 3 for the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story – inspired game update, with new content and characters from the soon-to-be-released film, including a young Han Solo. If 200,000 people pre-register for this special update, all players will receive a Legendary Wild Card as an in-game gift. More info here.
- Get up to 25% off in-app purchases of Rubies in Disney Tsum Tsum, a new Stormtrooper Tsum, and the return of Han and Chewie! Offer valid May 3 – May 11.
Grab a free Star Wars emoji of Rey, Finn, or BB-8 on May 4th and get up to 30% off select in-app purchases in Disney Emoji Blitz from May 4 – May 6.
Get up to 30% off in-app purchases in Star Wars: Commander, 50% off Knights of the Old Republic, and a free download of Star Wars Pinball 6 with all IAP discounted to $0.99. Offer valid May 3 – May 10.
Get up to 30% off select in-app purchases in Disney Emoji Blitz. Offer valid May 4 – May 6.
- The celebration marks the debut of Star Wars: Episode 1: Racer on GOG. You can snag the game for 15% off from May 1 – May 8.
- Score up to 75% off the full Star Wars classic games catalog, like 2005’s Star Wars: Battlefront II, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and Star Wars: Rebellion on Steam, GOG, and Humble Store, with select titles also available from Amazon. Discounts valid May 1 – May 8.
Get ready to make the leap to hyperspace-Solo: A Star Wars Movie lands in theaters everywhere Memorial Weekend, May 25, 2018 and today May The 4th Be With You!
Stay up on all of the latest from Solo: A Star Wars Story
Official Site | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Solo: A Star Wars Story tickets are now on sale everywhere that tickets are sold! For more information about in-theater events and giveaways visit StarWars.com.