Halloween Treat – Spooky Easy To Make Meringue Ghost Cookies
Celebrate Halloween with our quick Halloween Treat with our spooky, easy-to-make Meringue Ghost Cookies.
We’ve all been there-the kids come home the night before the school party reminding you that you signed up for cookies for the class. Don’t go panic because these cookies are a spooktacular Halloween treat .
These bootiful Meringue Ghost Cookies will melt in your mouth and you’ll be the parent of the year. Plus it’s so easy and fun to make, the entire family can join in the fun.
Meringue Ghost Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Servings: 20
● 3⁄4 c. Sugar
● 3 large egg whites
● 1⁄4 tsp Cream of tartar
● 1 tsp Vanilla extract
● Black decorator’s icing
- Place the egg whites into a mixing bowl, and leave them on a counter to come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Add the vanilla extract and cream of tartar to the egg whites, and beat on high until they become foamy looking.
- Slowly mix in the sugar 1 tbsp at a time.
- Whip the egg whites to stiff glossy peaks.
- Place the egg white mixture into a piping bag or Ziploc that has the corner cut out,and pipe swirled ghost-like shapes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Let cool completely, and then apply a dab of decorator’s icing to the back of the candy eyes.
- Apply two candy eyes to the front of each meringue ghost.
Halloween will be frightfully delightful and deliciously fun with our melt-in-your-mouth Meringue Ghost Cookies. What’s your goto Halloween last-minute party treat?