Quick And Easy Hostess Gift -Dollar Store Flip Flop Sign
Looking for a quick and easy summer hostess gift well look no more because today we’re going to show you how to make this adorable Dollar Store Flip Flop Sign.
Summer is here and with it comes all those invites but with so many invitations, many of which come at the last minute and sometimes, time and budget at a premium, you don’t want to show up empty-handed so what do you?
No worries because we have you covered with the perfect hostess gift to show that you appreciate being invited when you bring your hostess their own Flip Flop Sign! The best part is, it that It’s quick and easy that you can let the kids help create and even personalize it with a special message or family name and it’s made with finds from the Dollar Store. Let’s get started!
DOLLAR STORE FLIP FLOP SIGN
- Dollar Store Flip Flops – two coordinating pairs
- Dollar Store Silk Flowers – one bunch (usually 5-6 flowers)
- Chipboard Alphabet Letters
- Grosgrain Ribbon – 36” length to coordinate with flip flops
- Glue – with fine tip nozzle
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Select chipboard letters to spell out the message – Life Is Better In Flip Flops.
TIP: This is a good opportunity to use up several different styles of chipboard alphabet letters in the same color.
- Starting at the heel end, attach chipboard letters to flip flops in a random fashion with the fine tip nozzle of a multi-purpose glue. Let dry.
- Turn flip flops over on work surface. Starting at the base of the bottom flip flop, attach 36” of grosgrain ribbon to back with glue gun. Up one side, leaving a 12” hanger at the top and down the other side. Trim any excess ribbon with scissors.
- Pop the heads off three (3) of the dollar store silk flowers and then attach them to the tong part of each flip flop with glue gun.
It’s just that easy! Our quick and easy Dollar Store Flip Flop Sign is guaranteed to bring a huge smile to the face of your host, and no one will ever have to know just how easy and inexpensive it was. What’s your go-to quick and easy gift ideas for those summer invites?