New Disney Skyliner Takes Flight At Walt Disney World
There’s magic in the air as the new Disney Skyliner takes flight at Walt Disney World. This Innovative gondola system will fly guests in style from four Disney resort hotels to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Now guests can enjoy the magic as they glide among the treetops of Walt Disney World Resort as guests started to take to the sky for their magic carpet ride as this all-new complimentary transportation system, Disney Skyliner soaring along
waterways and wooded areas alike on its way to theme parks and Disney resort hotels, while wide-eyed guests are treated to views never before seen.
This “most magical flight on Earth” connects Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the new Disney’s Riviera Resort, a Disney Vacation Club resort that is now open. With approximately 300 vacation homes, including various accommodation types, Disney’s Riviera Resort will be available for traditional hotel reservations as well as membership sales.
Nearly half of the approximately 300 Disney Skyliner cabins will be wrapped in whimsical Disney scenes – with beloved characters, fan-favorite movies, attractions, and more – giving the appearance that Disney pals are riding along with guests. The cabins are easy to spot overhead because each gondola shimmers in one of eight vibrant colors and features sleek curved lines.
Disney Skyliner guests have a bird’s-eye views of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, including the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Approaches to Epcot are equally eye-catching, as the countries around World Showcase Lagoon come into view with iconic Spaceship Earth in the distance.
In addition to convenient theme park access, guests staying at Disney resort hotels accessible by Disney Skyliner now have quick-and-easy transportation to a world of other dining and entertainment options. These include all the fun of Disney’s BoardWalk entertainment district, access to Epcot through the International Gateway station, and restaurants and recreation found at the resort hotels serviced by Disney Skyliner.
Disney Skyliner Stations Are Artful Connection Points
The artful stations along the Disney Skyliner route feature uniquely Disney designs that reflect their surroundings:
- The Epcot International Gateway station is inspired by the nearby European pavilions in the park. Covered metal and glass canopies, hand-painted murals themed to flight, and ornate metal detailing are all in the Art Nouveau style.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort station incorporates influences from the Mediterranean coast to produce an elegant portal for guests.
- The station at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort connects all three routes and extends the architectural details and bright island colors associated with the Caribbean.
- The Disney’s Hollywood Studios station reflects the Art Deco-style of the park’s main entrance area. Guests arriving on Disney Skyliner will be awestruck as a panoramic view of the park unfolds.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort share a Disney Skyliner station at Hourglass Lake. Colorful structural forms create a space that feels whimsical and contextual with both resorts. Departing the station, guests will glide above Hourglass Lake and ascend to thrilling views of both resort hotels.
In addition, Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co.®, the official specialty coffee of Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and Disney Vacation Club, now welcomes guests with a quick-service location adjacent to the station at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. The menu of coffees, pastries, and specialty items includes the new “Toffee Flight Latte” found initially only at the station. The latte blends sea salt caramel toffee and dark chocolate, topped with toffee and chocolate crumbles, and a cloud of whipped cream.
Cast Costuming Takes Flight
Disney Skyliner cast members will sport stylish costumes that reflect the sleek, contemporary lines of the transportation system. Costume designers created a mid-century design that recalls 1960s airline travel marking a new era of flight. Clean, streamlined designs of the gondolas are incorporated into the costumes as style elements.
The Newest Way for Guests to Travel Around Walt Disney World Resort
Disney Skyliner joins the network of complimentary Walt Disney World transportation benefits for resort hotel guests allowing them to travel effortlessly around Walt Disney World with a touch of Disney magic. The gondolas join other favorite options such as the world-famous Walt Disney World monorail system along with ferry boats and water taxis, and one-of-a-kind motor coaches.
Fun Facts: Disney Skyliner
- Project Announced:July 2017
- Launch Date: 29, 2019
- Miles of Cable:6
- Number of Lines:3
- Loading Stations:5
- Number of Gondolas: Nearly 300
- Maximum Seating Capacity per Gondola: 10
- Resort Hotels Connected:4
- Theme Parks Connected:2
There’s magic in the sky as the Disney Skyliner is now officially open and now boarding. When will you take flight onboard this newest in magical transportation at the Walt Disney World Resort, the Disney Skyliner?