You Don’t Have To Be A Kid To Act Like A Kid At Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Now At The Walt Disney World Resort
You don’t have to be a kid to act like a kid at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party now running on select nights at the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort! Getting our trick-or-treating on has always been a Turner family tradition but this year it was all about the adults kicking back, collecting the candy and immersing themselves in the magic that awaited us.
With trick-or-treating throughout the park, bewitching fireworks under a pumpkin moon, costumed characters on parade, a wickedly joyous Villain Spelltacular and much more, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party brings frightful fun to Magic Kingdom Park for a record select nights, now through Nov. 1.
Mummies, daddies and their kids are in for a devilishly delightful time in this after-hours ticketed event guaranteed to make for boo-tiful memories. Not-So-Scary means just that – the party is family-friendly as only Disney can do and appropriate for children of all ages.
For ghouls and goblins eager to get the party started, Aug. 25 marks the earliest-ever launch date for the popular event.
Neighborhood trick-or-treating was never like this! Halloween handouts of sweets, treats, snacks and more happen throughout the park. Meantime, most of Magic Kingdom’s iconic attractions are available for all to enjoy.
Get your Halloween on! Dress-up is encouraged for ages 13 and under. Theme park rules for costume look and guest safety can be found at DisneyWorld.com/Halloween.
Among the eerily entertaining events:
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular. Chills, thrills and villains join in a wickedly fun celebration hosted by the Sanderson Sisters, a trio of witch sisters from Disney’s live action film Hocus Pocus. The mischievous sisters are joined by dancers, more Disney Villains and other-worldly visual effects. It’s a Halloween party not to be missed, and it takes place at Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage.
- Happy HalloWishes. This fireworks spectacle high above the Cinderella Castle lights the night. Guests are encouraged to sing along with some of the most infamous Disney Villains, including Cruella de Vil, Jafar and Oogie Boogie. Creepy colors crawl over the castle, a spell is cast and it’s every guest for themselves.
- Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade. Led by the Headless Horseman, it’s masquerade mania as favorite Disney characters dress up for the occasion and ghostly floats bring the frights and sounds of the season to Main Street, U.S.A. and other Magic Kingdom viewing locations.
- Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet. Deadpan humor and other antics from this Dapper Dans-style “band” scare up the fun in Frontierland.
Admission for select nights to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party starts at $74 per person ages 10+, $69 ages 3-9. Hours 7 pm-midnight.
Guests bobbing for even more Halloween fun can sign up for the special-ticketed Happy HalloWishes Dessert Party. Ticketed Not-So-Scary guests can also pair the event with a table-service dining experience. Even Disney PhotoPass Service gets in the spirit. Who knows what surprise guest will magically materialize in your photos?
And here are some fun facts that will add to your Halloween bag of treats!:
- 2017 marks 23 fantastically fun years of Mickey’s Not-so-Scary Halloween Party
- The mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s “Hocus Pocus” return to the mortal world during the Halloween season during the “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” stage show on the Castle Forecourt Stage.
- 176 individually-themed, carved pumpkins adorn the balconies and windowsills of Main Street, U.S.A.
- More than 23,100 feet or about 4-1/4 miles of cable is installed for special lighting and sound effects that are part of the party’s Halloween entertainment
- A cast of 175, including performers, float drivers, costumers, cosmetologists, decorators and maintenance cast members, brings Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade to life
- 23 miles of parade route — that’s how far Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade will travel over the course of the season
- 13 Disney characters are exclusive to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party entertainment: Jack Skellington and Sally from “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” who greet guests near Pete’s Silly Side Show in Fantasyland, and during the Boo-to-You Halloween Parade, guests can see Big Al, Captain Barbosa, Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Shenzi, Banzai and Ed — the three hyenas from “The Lion King,” — plus three Hitch-Hiking Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion
- The Happy HalloWishes fireworks spectacular is narrated by the Ghost Host from the Haunted Mansion and features many of your favorite Disney Villains who go trick or treating in the night sky
- 999 Grim Grinning Ghosts enhance a not-too-spooky Halloween experience at the Haunted Mansion
- More than 250 tons of candy will be handed out to party guests during 32 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties
- 40 different kinds of brand-name candies, including Skittles, M&Ms and Kit Kats, are included in three trick-or-treat candy mixes offered during the parties
- Guests can visit 14 tasty treat locations to fill their treat bags with candy
- 0 Tricks and countless treats make Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party a memorable evening for all!
For reservations and other information, including rules governing costuming, guests can source all the delightfully spooky details of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disneyworld.com/Halloween or call 407/WDISNEY.
Disclosure: We were hosted by Walt Disney for the purposes of reviewing Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party however the thoughts and opinions expressed here are 100% our own