Make Our Low Carb, Keto Friendly Grinch Fudge
What if I were to tell you that now you can create an easy to make no added sugar Low Carb, Keto Friendly Grinch Fudge?
Chances are you wouldn’t believe me. “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” is one of my all-time favorite books and the cartoon movie is a holiday tradition with our family but if you’re still not sure if such goodness as Grinch Fudge that has no added sugar is low carb and Keto friendly could possibly exist, just remember, the Grinch did not start out as a believer either. Once you let a piece of our Grinch Fudge melt in your mouth, you too will be saying:
“It came without ribbons, it came without tags. It came without packages, boxes, or bags. Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.
Let’s get baking!
Yield: 25 pieces
8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
2 tbsp Pyure Organic Confectioners Stevia Blend*
2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream, room temperature
1 tsp Mint Extract
Green Food Coloring
1. Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together heavy cream, Pyure*, butter and vanilla. Stir often for about 15 minutes. It should look like a thick sweetened condensed milk when done.
3. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then stir in chocolate chips.
4. Once the chocolate chips have melted, mix until smooth and pour into prepared 8×8 baking pan. Spread mixture evenly, making sure to get into the corners.
5. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
6. For the mint layer, add cream cheese, Pyure*, heavy cream and mint extract to a medium-size mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
7. Add green food coloring (I used about 10 drops) and beat until incorporated.
8. Spread over the refrigerated chocolate layer evenly, making sure to get into the corners.
9. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting and adding hearts.
* I used Pyure Organic Confectioners Stevia Blend in this recipe as it is my preferred sweetener. If you would like to use another sweetener, use the equivalent of 1/2 cup sugar in the chocolate layer and 1/4 cup sugar in the mint layer.
You’ll be the hit of the holiday season but beware, once you make our delicious holiday treat, you’ll be wanting more, more, more, more.
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes, or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
Grinch Fudge is the perfect treat to send to the class party and make sure to make an extra batch to send to your favorite teacher. They will be thanking you for it. What is your favorite part of “How The Grinch Stole Christmas”?