The Countdown Is On To The June 30 Opening Of Toy Story Land With These Latest Toyriffic Updates
Reach for the sky partners! The countdown is on to the opening of Toy Story Land on June 30! We’re going to be there for opening day and hope you’ll be joining us in all of the fun. Here’s some more “toy-riffic” news is emerging as anticipation builds for the colorful new land coming to life at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Guests will “shrink” to the size of a toy as they enter into this land full of everyone’s favorite toys, building blocks and game pieces. Across eleven fun-filled acres designed to recreate Andy’s toy-filled backyard from the Disney·Pixar “Toy Story” films, guests will be fully engaged in the wonderful world where Woody, Buzz, Jessie and all their pals come out to play. Attractions and experiences straight from Andy’s imagination will treat park-goers to the best playtime ever – even after the Tinker Toy lights come on.
Here’s some freshly unwrapped news:
- Alien Swirling Saucers. Designed as a playset Andy won at the Pizza Planet restaurant, this all-new attraction is out-of-this-world fun. “Toy Story” green aliens have powered up their flying saucers and earthbound guests get to play along. In rocket ship toys, guests swirl and whirl among toy planets and space stations as part of the game while “The Claw” hangs overhead. This space adventure is bathed in multi-color lighting and sound effects from throughout the galaxies. NEW: Disney has released the first-ever images of the new attraction, showing the toy spaceships being piloted by everyone’s favorite aliens.
- Ten-hut! Just announced, Sarge and the Green Army Man Drum Corps will be marching several times a day through Toy Story Land. As the Drum Corps marches on, everyone’s invited to follow another contingent of Green Army Men to their fun and interactive boot camp, where they’ll “toy” with guests using giant Pixar balls, oversized crayons and a game of SARGE SAYS (their own spin on Simon Says). Will guests have what it takes to become official recruits in Andy’s backyard?
- Wheezy, the squeaky toy penguin from the “Toy Story” films, will do more than bring smiles to the faces of guests riding Slinky Dog Dash, the family-style coaster coming to Toy Story Land. The all-new Audio-Animatronics figure will appear in the last scene of the coaster singing “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” in that great (and unexpected) voice of his. Wheezy will be accompanied by his toy friends: Mike the tape recorder, who’s provided him with a microphone, and Mr. Spell, who “texts” funny commentary.
- After a day of play in Andy’s backyard, guests can relive their memories with fun merchandise created especially for Toy Story Land. Just announced – headbands are crowned by three-eyed space aliens or Slinky Dog. Slinky Dog also inspires a toy with light-up rings; he can even strrreetch around the waist or shoulders and double as a fashion accessory.
- Kids get bragging rights with commemorative “I Played There” t-shirts that let the world know they were among the first guests to Toy Story Land. These and other playful items will be available in merchandise locations found in Toy Story Land and at select shops in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Come join us in Andy’s Backyard – To Infinity and Beyond! The Toys Are Here! It’s a joy-filled, toy-filled world as only Disney can create, and it’s all waiting for you. Toy Story Land opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on June 30, 2018. Come join us for all of the magical fun!