Free Monkey Kingdom Activity Booklet & Educator’s Guide #MonkeyKingdom
More fun than a barrel of monkeys, we are happy to share with you these fabulous Free Monkey Kingdom Activity Booklet & Educator’s Guide #MonkeyKingdom To help celebrate the 6th theatrical release from the Disneynature series, Monkey Kingdom, we are pleased to give you these free printable Monkey Kingdom Activity Packs and Educator’s Guide.
Monkey Kingdom tells the story of Maya, the clever and resourceful blonde-bobbed monkey in this new feature film set among ancient ruins in the storied jungles of South Asia. Maya’s world is forever changed when she welcomes her son, Kip, into her complicated extended family. Like all families, Maya’s has more than its share of colorful personalities—and she’s determined to give her son a leg up in the world. When their longtime home at Castle Rock is taken over by powerful neighboring monkeys, Maya’s whole family retreats, and she uses her street smarts and ingenuity to uncover untapped resources amidst strange new creatures and unsettling surroundings. Ultimately, they will all have to work together to reclaim Castle Rock, where Maya can hopefully realize her dreams for her son’s future. Featuring a rich variety of characters, including a mischievous mongoose, simple-minded langur monkeys, predatory leopards and monitor lizards, Monkey Kingdom is narrated by Tina Fey (“30 Rock”), directed by Mark Linfield (“Chimpanzee,” “Earth”) and co-directed by Alastair Fothergill (“Chimpanzee,” “Bears”). With music from award-winning composer Harry Gregson-Williams (“The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe,” “Shrek” movies), Disneynature’s eighth True Life Adventure—the follow-up to 2014’s “Bears”—swings into theaters April 17, 2015.
Now you can bring the lessons shared from Monkey Kingdom right into your own home with these great Activity Books and Educator Guides from Walt Disney
Download the Black & White Educator’s Activity Packet
“Monkey Kingdom” is the sixth theatrical release for Disneynature, the first new Disney-branded film label from The Walt Disney Studios in more than 60 years.
- Disneynature was launched in April 2008. Its mission is to bring the world’s top nature filmmakers together to share a wide variety of wildlife stories on the big screen in order to engage, inspire and educate theatrical audiences everywhere. Walt Disney was a pioneer in wildlife filmmaking, producing 13 True-Life Adventure motion pictures between 1948 and 1960, which earned eight Academy Awards®.
- The first five big-screen releases under the Disneynature label—“Earth,” “Oceans,” “African Cats,” “Bears” and “Chimpanzee”—are among the top six highest grossing feature-length nature films of all time. • Walt Disney was a pioneer in wildlife documentary filmmaking, producing 13 True Life Adventure motion pictures between 1948 and 1960, including “Seal Island” (1948), “Beaver Valley” (1950), “The Living Desert” (1953) and “Jungle Cat” (1958). The films earned eight Academy Awards®.
- Walt Disney was a pioneer in wildlife filmmaking, producing 13 True-Life Adventure motion pictures between 1948 and 1960, which earned eight Academy Awards®. The first five Disneynature films, “Earth,” “Oceans,” “African Cats,” “Chimpanzee,” and “Bears” are five of the top six highest overall grossing feature-length nature films to date, with “Chimpanzee” garnering a record-breaking opening weekend for the genre.
Follow Along With all the latest from Monkey Kingdom and Disneynature:
- Like Disneynature on Facebook: Facebook.com/Disneynature
- Follow Disneynature on Twitter: Twitter.com/Disneynature
- Follow Disneynature on Tumbler: Disneynature.tumblr.com/
- Follow Disneynature on Instagram: Instagram.com/disneynature
- Visit the official MONKEY KINGDOM website: Nature.disney.com/monkey-kingdom
Monkey Kingdom swings into theaters April 17, 2015
For every ticket sold opening week (April 17-23, 2015), Disneynature will make a donation to Conservation International to help protect monkeys and other endangered species in their natural habitats.