Complete Guidelines For Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Reservations
Today we are sharing with you the complete guidelines for your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel reservations. Today Disney released the new guidelines for the phased reopenings of the Walt Disney World Resort hotels and we have
everything you need to know before you go. As part of the plans for a phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort, select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Guests on June 22, 2020 – ahead of our Theme Parks.
With Disney Springs already opened and the announcement that the Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom scheduled to reopen on July 11 and Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot opening on July 15 Disney has put specific guidelines into place to keep guests as well as cast members safe. Guests currently holding reservations will be receiving an email communication from Disney or their Travel Professional if they have a Resort hotel booking between June 22, 2020, and July 4, 2020, if we have their contact information. by June 12
The Complete Guidelines For Your
Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Reservations
On June 22, select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen. These select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts include:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
Top Things You Need To Know
What You’ll Need
Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Please be aware that you’ll also need:
- A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
- A confirmed dining reservation if you’re a day Guest (not staying overnight)
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up—which must be worn in all public areas, except while swimming or seated for dining
- Planning to visit a theme park during your stay? Select Walt Disney World theme parks will begin to reopen on July 11. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required (a Disney Resort hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access)
Also, it’s highly recommended to have:
- The latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled
- Cashless or contactless forms of payment, including MagicBands, which Disney Resort hotel Guests can use to charge purchases to their Disney Resort hotel folio
Information On Resort Reservations
For Guests wishing to wishing to confirm their reservations:
- Your Travel Agent will contact the Disney Reservation Center to notify Disney of the Guest’s confirmation for those that booked with a Travel Professional
- As needed, our Disney will move Guests from closed to open resorts during this time. This move will be at no additional cost to the Guests. It is important to note that you won’t have an option to modify to another resort of your choice for this reservation.
- As previously communicated, for Guests who had a dining plan, Disney will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan.
- If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort resorts before the official park opening on July 11, 2020, and want to keep your reservation, you will be downgraded out of the ticket package and the package price will be reduced. Alternately, you can move their reservation to new dates, or cancel.
For Guests wishing to modify their reservations to a future date in 2020:
- Contact the Disney Reservation Center to modify your booking to a later date in 2020.
- If you would like to modify to a date on or after July 11, 2020, you may only modify to one of the announced opened resorts, based on availability however the Guest will be responsible for any higher rates.
- Travel protection may be moved to a new reservation in 2020. The Guest will be responsible for any difference in price.
For Guests wishing to cancel their reservations:
- Contact the Disney Reservation Center to notify our team of your Guest’s cancellation.
Disney Resort Hotel Guest Benefits
Disney’s Magical Express® Service
Complimentary airport transportation via Disney’s Magical Express service will be available for Guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport. Many airlines have modified their flight schedules, so please confirm your flight information. If you plan to use Disney’s Magical Express service, contact your room reservation booking agent, or call (407) 939-1936 to make any updates to your flight information on file.
As a result of the COVID-19 impact, FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity for attractions and maintain physical distancing. With that in mind, access to FastPass+ planning is temporarily unavailable. We will share updates at a later date.
Extra Magic Hours
The Extra Magic Hours benefit is unavailable until further notice.
Disney has increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more.
Prior to your arrival, your room will undergo thorough cleaning—with attention to:
- High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
- Housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms
- Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
Inside your room, you’ll find:
- Extra linens and towels wrapped in single-use packaging
- Individually wrapped glassware
- Double-cased pillows
- Additional items that have been cleaned and wrapped in single-use packaging
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
- Removal of trash and used towels
- Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
- Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
- Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline the every-other-day service.
Please note that:
- If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you’ll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decline that service.
- If there is more than one room on your reservation and you choose to decline service, your selection will apply to all rooms on the reservation.
- We reserve the right to enter any room at a Disney Resort hotel for maintenance, safety, security or any other purpose, even if the Room Occupied sign is displayed on the room door.
Transportation & Parking
Complimentary Resort Transportation
Before the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will be available between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area.
When the theme parks reopen, complimentary transportation will also be provided between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney theme parks.
Transportation will operate with physical distancing measures in place, reducing capacity. As a result, you may experience delays.
Minnie Van Service
Minnie Van Service will not be available during the initial reopening period.
Self-parking will be available. Valet service is temporarily unavailable, with the exception of Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance. A valid disability parking permit is required. Parking fees apply for Disney Resort hotel Guests.
- Bell Services will deliver luggage to rooms, but will not escort Guests
- Club-level service will be temporarily unavailable
- Deliveries will only be made to occupied rooms
- In-room celebrations will not be available
- Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services will be temporarily unavailable; self-service laundry will remain available
- Shipping services will be temporarily unavailable
- Resort airline check-in service may be temporarily unavailable
Resort Amenities & Recreation
- Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
- Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
- Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
- Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Fitness Centers & Sports Courts
- Fitness centers will open in alignment with state and county regulations and may have reduced hours
- Fitness centers may have reduced hours and capacity
- Instructor-led fitness classes will not be available
- Fitness and sports courts will be open, and Guests must maintain physical distancing
Activities and schedules will vary. The schedule of activities for your Disney Resort hotel will be shared during your stay.
In merchandise locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort, Guests will continue to discover favorite Disney items, with some modifications to the shopping experience that will help us manage capacity and foster physical distancing.
- New Product Launches: New collection product launches and limited-edition merchandise will not be available for in-person purchases at Walt Disney World Resort until further notice. As always, Guests can find these items on shopDisney, subject to availability.
- Pin Trading: Disney will continue to offer Guests the opportunity to pin trade with Cast Members through the use of pinboards in select locations. Cast pin trading with lanyards will not be available at this time to maintain physical distancing.
- Delivery Option: Package delivery to the front of our theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels will be suspended. However, shipping merchandise to Guests’ homes continues to be available.
- Dressing Rooms: For the time being, dressing rooms will not be available.
- Returns: In-person returns will be available upon the reopening of our merchandise locations.
The following amenities and experiences will not be available during the initial reopening period:
- Character experiences
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Marina rentals
- Pin trading
- Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Additionally, the following special offerings and childcare services will not be available during the initial reopening:
- Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
- Fun runs
- Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
- Hula lessons
- In-room childcare services
- Mermaid school
- Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs
When your room is ready, you’ll get a room-ready notification. Then, you can use either a MagicBand or the My Disney Experience app digital key feature to enter your room!
If you don’t receive your MagicBand(s) prior to your vacation, simply use the My Disney Experience app as a digital key to enter your room. At your convenience, you can visit the Front Desk to pick up your MagicBand(s).
Virtual Chat With a Resort Cast Member
Select dining locations will be available at Disney Resort hotels.
Changes and Enhancements to Dining
Disney is committed to a responsible reopening of Walt Disney World Resort—and they’ve made some important updates and enhancements to the dining experiences based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.
During the reopening period, many dining experiences may be modified or unavailable in order to promote cleanliness and physical distancing.
What You’ll Need About Dining
Before you dine at Walt Disney World Resort, please be aware that you’ll need:
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up, which must be worn in all public areas—including while entering and exiting dining locations—and can be removed while eating or drinking
- Planning to dine at a table-service restaurant in a Disney Resort hotel? A confirmed dining reservation is required for day Guests (those not staying overnight) and is highly recommended for Guests staying overnight at a Disney Resort hotel
Also, it’s highly recommended to have:
- The latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services enabled
- Cashless or contactless forms of payment
In-Park Dining Reservations
At this time, dining reservations are not available. Reservations will resume at a later date. When in-park dining initially becomes available, you’ll need valid park admission, a reservation for park entry and a dining reservation to dine at an in-park, table-service restaurant. Dining reservations do not guarantee admission to the park.
Additional changes to Walt Disney World dining experiences include:
- Menu items may vary. For specific menu information, check the restaurant’s online menu when the restaurant reopens.
- Character Dining will not be offered during the initial reopening, with the exception of a modified Character Dining experience at Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera.
- Dinner shows will not be offered during the initial reopening.
- Dining locations will be limited in capacity. Some locations will remain temporarily closed.
- Private dining and in-room delivery will not be offered during the initial reopening window.
- Mobile order service will be offered at select quick-service dining locations throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks (when open), Disney Springs and select Disney Resort hotels.
Disney Springs Dining
Here is a list of the select dining locations at Disney Springs are currently open
- 4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck
- Amorette’s Patisserie
- BB Wolf’s
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza
- The BOATHOUSE®
- Chicken Guy!
- Cookes of Dublin
- D-Luxe Burger
- Daily Poutine
- Earl of Sandwich®
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
- Frontera Cocina
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
- House of Blues Restaurant & Bar
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company®
- Joffrey’s Handcrafted Smoothies Kiosk at Disney Springs Marketplace
- Marketplace Snacks
- Morimoto Asia
- Morimoto Asia Street Food
- Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas
- Pizza Ponte
- The Polite Pig
- Starbucks® at Disney Springs Marketplace
- Starbucks® at Disney Springs West Side
- STK Orlando
- Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs Marketplace
- Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs West Side
- Wetzel’s Pretzels at Disney Springs Marketplace
- Wetzel’s Pretzels at Disney Springs West Side
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill
- Wine Bar George – A Restaurant & Bar
- YeSake Kiosk
Dining Plans and Booking Windows
At this time, Disney dining plans cannot be added to reservations. Check back soon for more information.
Learn about cancellations and refunds for dining plans and Learn about updates to booking windows for dining reservations here.
Health and Hygiene
New measures have been implemented across Walt Disney World dining locations to promote health and hygiene, including:
- Enhanced Cleaning: We’ve increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. Additionally, seating areas, dining areas and pagers will be cleaned between Guests.
- Reduced-Contact Menus: Menus will be shared in ways to minimize contact. At quick-service restaurants, menus will be displayed on signage. And at table-service restaurants, you can scan a code with your mobile device to access the digital menu.
- Self-Serve Changes: Beverages and other items that were previously self-serve will instead be served by Cast Members.
Use convenient technologies to minimize your contact with others:
- Mobile Order Service: A time-saving feature of the My Disney Experience app, mobile order service enables you to order ahead at select dining locations and pick up food during a designated arrival window.
- Scannable Codes for Select Restaurant Menus: While at a table-service restaurant, you can use your own mobile device to scan a code for access to the digital menu.
- Cashless Payments: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless payment options, including debit cards, credit cards and Disney Gift Cards. Guests can also opt for contactless payment options—such as mobile wallets—or use cash to purchase a Disney Gift Card at Guest Relations and select merchandise locations. Disney Resort hotel Guests can also use MagicBands to charge their purchase to their Disney Resort hotel folio.
Returning to a World of Magic
Though some of the experiences have changed, the magic never fades. It never wavers. And it’s still waiting for you to come and experience it. That’s why we are excited about the phased reopenings of the Walt Disney World Resort hotels and parks. Here are some more of the changes you can expect to see:
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
While visiting Walt Disney World Resort, all Guests ages 2 and older—along with all Cast Members—will be required to wear face coverings. As Disney prepares for the phased reopening, you will see certain changes that have been made and updated based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. These measures are designed to promote:
- Physical distancing
- Reduced contact
Persons who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine, or are under quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort. Walt Disney World Resort Guests may be subject to additional screenings. Before you leave home, please check the temperatures of everyone in your party—including yourself—as an extra layer of precaution.
THEME PARKS & EXPERIENCES
The Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Water Parks will still be closed during travel dates from June 22-July 10. with a phased re-opening on July 11. However, Disney Springs is currently in a phased re-opening with many retail and dining locations ready to welcome you.
Resort transportation around the property will be available in a limited capacity to allow for physical distancing. Also, if you are arriving via Orlando International Airport, you may still take advantage of Disney’s Magical Express Service.
Reopening With a New Park Reservation System
- Park Reservations: Initially, park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required.
- New Ticket Sales: At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. Additional details will be shared with these Guests soon. New ticket sales will resume after that period of time.
- New Disney Resort Hotel Reservations: At this time, new reservations at Disney Resort hotels are temporarily paused so we can focus on Guests with existing reservations (Disney Vacation Club Members can still make new reservations). Reservations will resume after that period of time.
Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences, and other offerings may be modified and will be limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure, based on direction from health experts and government officials to promote physical distancing.
Additionally, attractions, experiences (such as shows, parades, and fireworks), services, and amenities may have limited availability or may remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. The one thing that will not change is the magic and memories you will experience as Guests begin to return to the most magical place on earth-the Walt Disney World Resort. Stay tuned right here for updates as they are released.
Now that you’ve seen the complete guidelines for your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel reservations, will you be the first to go, or are you waiting?