Boo To You! Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Comes to the Magic Kingdom
Tonight kicked off one of my favorite times of year-Halloween at the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort. Young to young at heart dress up in their Halloween best as it’s time to trick or treat and party the night away at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party. From the time you step foot onto Main Street, you can feel the Halloween magic all around you.
This year, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will feature new eerie entertainment as well as returning favorite experiences throughout Magic Kingdom Park. The big news is “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular,” the all-new show at Cinderella Castle, featuring the Disney villains. In the show, those mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s “Hocus Pocus” visit the mortal world during the Halloween season. The three sisters decide to use their magic to throw the best, evil Halloween party this side of the graveyard, calling upon Disney villains like Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent and more!
During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, you can dress in costume, go trick-or-treating throughout the park and meet some of your favorite Disney characters, including all Seven Dwarfs appearing in one place in Fantasyland. Look for new greeting areas around Storybook Circus this year, featuring appearances by Jack and Sally from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and others. You may even come across some Disney villains. Look for the Queen of Hearts near Mad Tea Party, Gaston outside Gaston’s Tavern (where else?!) and Lotso over in Tomorrowland.
Don’t forget about Mickey’s “Boo to You” Halloween Parade, running twice nightly, and “Happy HalloWishes,” one of the most impressive fireworks spectaculars ever to fill the skies above Cinderella Castle.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a special event, separate from regular Magic Kingdom Park admission. Tickets are still available for most event nights September 15 through November 1. Be sure to get yours early, so your Halloween can be more treat than trick!
Event Party Dates
- September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25 and 27
- October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29 -October 31 is sold out
- November 1
Character Meet and Greets
Meet characters all around the park, up until 11:30 pm. You’ll even have a special opportunity to meet ALL seven dwarfs in Fantasyland! Guests, especially children, are invited to wear costumes. However, guests are asked to choose costumes that are not obstructive to the child’s view or that may be offensive to other park guests.
- Jafar (Agrabah Bazaar): 7:00-10:30pm
- Queen of Hearts (Mad Tea Party): 7:00-11:00pm
- Aurora and Maleficent with Snow White and the Queen (Princess Fairytale Hall): 7:00pm-12:00am
- Lots-O’-Huggin’ Bear (Tomorrowland): 7:00-11:00pm
- Captain Jack Sparrow (near Pirates of the Caribbean): 7:00-10:30pm
- Meet Your Favorite Pals (Storybook Circus): 7:00-11:00pm
- Jack Skellington and Sally (Town Square): 7:00pm-11:00pm
- Tarzan and Friends (near Adventureland Bridge): 7:00-11:00pm
- Seven Dwarfs (near the Castle Wall in Fantasyland): 7:00-11:00pm
- Tinker Bell (Town Square Theater): 7:00pm-12:00am
- Anna and Elsa (Princess Fairytale Hall): 7:00pm-12:00am
- Tigger and Friends (near the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh): 7:30-10:00pm
- Gaston (near his Tavern): 7:00-10:30pm
- Mickey Mouse (Town Square Theater): 7:00pm-12:00am
- Meet an Out of this World Friend (Tomorrowland): 7:00-11:00pm
- Ariel (in her Grotto): 7:00-11:30pm
- Tiana (Liberty Square): 7:45-10:30pm
- Merida (Fairytale Garden): 7:00-10:30pm
Guests are given Trick or Treat Bags to be used at the candy stations found throughout the Magic Kingdom. Locations are indicated on the map. Some cast members will give more than others, but there’s no limit to how many times you can go back to the same location for more.
- Jungle Cruise
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Pirates of the Caribbean queue
- Splash Mountain
- Dock to Tom Sawyer Island
- Liberty Square
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Fantasyland Treat Trail
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Space Mountain
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Stitch’s Great Escape!