8 Things To “Know Before You Go” To Visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge At The Disney Parks
The Force will be strong this week and before you head to a galaxy far, far away, here’s 8 things to know before you go to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Disneyland Resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World.
If your family is like ours, Star Wars has been a part of our life since the beginning. Being from Northern California, there wasn’t anyone around that was either a part of the original three films, now known as Episodes 4, 5 and 6 or knew someone that was.
Little could we ever imagine however that life would take us from filming among the redwood trees in our own backyard, to being able to actually travel to this mythical galaxy not so far away and in just a few
short days, the wait is over and now many have made the voyage to Batuu in a galaxy far, far away.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, was the highly-anticipated new lands that opened at Disneyland Resort in California and later on at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida when it opened on August 29, invites guests and fans could finally step into the Star Wars universe for the very first time and live their own Star Wars adventures.
To help you plan ahead and prepare for their visits to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, Calif., here are eight tips to “know before you go” to this epic, new land.
- Reservations are required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Guests visiting during this time will need valid theme park admission and a reservation to enter the new land at Disneyland. At this time, reservations are no longer available.
- Guests can still get a reservation to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23*. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels between May 31 and June 23 will receive a designated reservation to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest; valid theme park admission required). Hotel guests will be notified of their reservation date and time with their registration confirmation. Guests may book a stay at Disneyland.com/Hotels or call (714) 520-5060. If the hotel reservation is canceled, the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation will be canceled.
- No standby line will be available to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Only guests with reservations will be able to access the land during this time.
- Reservations will no longer be required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after June 23. As needed, to manage demand, Disneyland Resort will implement a virtual queuing system to visit the new land so guests can enjoy the rest of the resort while waiting to visit Batuu. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Status and Access, available from the main page, on which guests can request to join a boarding group to visit the land, once they have entered the park. Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the land and they can monitor the status of boarding groups from the app. There will also be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland Park if a guest is not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission media that will be scanned upon entry into the land. Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status. Admission into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the land.
- The current Disneyland Resort costume policy will be in effect in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older. Appropriate Disney bounding – dressing in outfits inspired by favorite characters – is permitted.
- Download the official Disneyland mobile app to plan ahead and make the most of your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The Disneyland app allows guests to check the attraction wait time, locate character encounters and even utilize the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when you are in the new land.
- Prepare for your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app in advance of your arrival. The Play Disney Parks app** allows guests to deepen their engagement with the land and interact with the world around them on the planet Batuu. Guests who choose to engage through the app will be able to interact with droids, translate Aurebesh, scan cargo crates and other containers to collect virtual items, and more.
- Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney’s goal is to provide a great guest experience. For example, guests who are in the queue at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run will have the ability to purchase snacks, utilize a continued process to visit the restroom, enjoy cast interactions, and also engage with an in-queue game while using the Play Disney Parks mobile app to make wait times fun, interactive and enjoyable.
The countdown is on! My reservation is made, we have our plan and now all that is left to do is the final countdown to the dream becoming a reality. Stay tuned right here and across our media channels on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter as we take you live to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on opening day. What do you want to know most about this brand new land?
To Learn More About Star War: Galaxy’s Edge