Join The Rebellion And Host A #RogueOneDigital Viewing Party Of Your Very Own
Last weekend in honor of the #RogueOneDigital release, we proudly joined with bloggers from all over to be a part of #TeamRebel during a live twitter party in which I am happy to report that the Force was strong in us that day as we valiantly were able to not only come together but to defeat #TeamEmpire in an epic battle but the real winners at the end of the day was being able to share this movie with so many others from across the country, but more importantly, my family.
The girls have been asking to see Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and thanks to Disney Home Entertainment, there dreams were finally realized as they planned and orchestrated their own Star Wars Home viewing party.
We were lucky enough to be able to use our brand new Roku streaming device that was included in our party box and I have to say, I do not know how I existed without until now.
It was so simple to set up that even I could do it on my own in a matter of minutes and considering I can’t figure out how to switch our remotes from cable to DVD player, that’s saying a lot.
Roku provides the simplest way to stream entertainment to your TV. On your terms. With more channels than any other streaming player and the best part is that it’s totally portable meaning that I can take it with me and use it where ever I am.
Next was a stop at Target for the girls to shop for party supplies.
Target has a full line of Star Wars themed merchandise from themes party decor to Star Wars themed treats and the girls were able to stock up on all of their favorites from Star Wars Fruit snacks
to chocolate Star Wars Easter eggs which came with Star Wars surprise inside to Storm Trooper candy keepers which easily kept them happy throughout the viewing.
Add in some popcorn and we created special Rebel themed labels for the water bottles and we were ready to go. [KGVID]http://www.disneygals.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/17566813_1438247659549603_355150137036636160_n.mp4[/KGVID]
The Star Wars universe of films have always epitomized the struggle of good vs evil but until the release of Rogue One, never before had we witnessed a struggle like this; one that showed what a small band of determined Rebels who banded together to fight for what they believed in against all odds could do.
In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire’s ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is a prequel that turns its focus to the Rebel Alliance’s attempts to steal the plans for the Death Star. But there will be many key differences that will set this apart from other Star Wars films. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is directed by Gareth Edwards who also directed Godzilla and it marks the first film in the series without a score by John Williams but rather iconic composer Michael Giacchino has created the score that propels the film.
Rogue One stars Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Riz Ahmed, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, and Alan Tudyk. Genevieve O’Reilly reprises her role as Mon Mothma, the leader of the Rebel Alliance.
And now when you bring home the Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere or the Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on April 4 you’ll be treated to never-before- seen Rogue One bonus material will take you behind the scenes with the movie’s diverse, dynamic cast and inspired team of filmmakers. An intimate collection of stories reveals how the film came to life, as well as hidden Easter Eggs and film facts that audiences may have missed in the theater.
BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE*:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Thanks to all that joined us on Twitter and whether you were #TeamRebel or #TeamEmpire fun was had by one and all during out #RogueOneDigital Twitter Party
STAY UP TO DATE ON ALL OF THE LATEST NEWS FROM STAR WARS
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
“SAVE THE REBELLION. SAVE THE DREAM.”
Disclosure: This post was written in partnership with Disney Home Entertainment however the thoughts and opinions expressed here are 100% my own.