7 Reasons To Visit The Happiest Place On Earth, The Disneyland Resort In 2017
The debut of a new, high-energy adventure with outrageous and irreverent characters from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” film, plus the return of the beloved Main Street Electrical Parade are part of the magic awaiting guests in 2017 at the Disneyland Resort.
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! is an epic new adventure combining a breathtaking free-fall sensation with all-new visual and audio effects, including music inspired by the popular “Guardians of the Galaxy” film soundtrack. Guests will experience a variety of randomized ride experiences, building anticipation each time for what they will see.
In addition, guests will blast into thrilling Star Wars adventures at Season of the Force, join in the cultural festivities of Lunar New Year, encounter familiar and new character friends–and much more.
At Disney California Adventure Park:
- Opening for summer 2017 at Disney California Adventure Park, this thrilling attraction brings more Super Heroes to the park with a captivating new story:
- Guests at Disney California Adventure will join in a daring confrontation with one of the most unusual characters in the park’s history: Tanaleer Tivan, the Collector from the blockbuster film “Guardians of the Galaxy.” He has opened his unique collection of fauna, relics and species to guests for a special tour culminating with his prized possessions: the Guardians of the Galaxy themselves! Fortunately, Rocket, the fearless, genetically modified raccoon from the film, has a plan to free his friends–and that plan includes recruiting Disneyland Resort guests in a sensational rescue effort.
- A comically cosmic, rocking adventure, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will drop guests directly into the story alongside characters from the comic books and the blockbuster films. Anchoring a broader universe of Super Heroes that will grow over time in Disney California Adventure, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will transform the structure currently housing The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.™ Guests will experience multiple, random and unique ride profiles in which the rise and fall of the gantry lift rocks to the beat of music inspired by the film’s popular soundtrack.
- Lunar New Year: Disney California Adventure presents a bigger-than-ever Lunar New Year Celebration from Jan. 20-Feb. 5, 2017. For 17 days, guests will enjoy live performances, fun-filled activities, Disney characters in their Lunar New Year costumes, and foods inspired by Asian cultures. Among the new entertainment offerings is “Hurry Home,” a special six-minute water and projection show on Paradise Bay that follows the journey of Little Lantern on its way home for the annual celebration of good luck and fortune. The story features a score highlighted by an original arrangement of the music created for Shanghai Disney Resort, by Academy Award-winning composer Tan Dun (“Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”). “Hurry Home,” precedes the nightly “World of Color” water, music and film spectacular on Paradise Bay. For more information, visit DisneylandNews.com
- Princess Elena and Super Heroes: In 2017, guests will find more delightful characters than ever before at the Disneyland Resort. These new additions are sure to offer guests many opportunities to create magical memories:
- Princess Elena – From toddlers to teens, guests are greeting the brave and adventurous teenager from the Disney Channel series “Elena of Avalor.” Princess Elena is the first Disney Princess inspired by diverse Latin American cultures.
- Super Heroes in Hollywood Land – In summer 2017, Disney California Adventure welcomes the Guardians of the Galaxy to join other Super Heroes such as Spiderman and Captain America who will be greeting guests throughout 2017 at the Hollywood Backlot.
At Disneyland Park:
- Main Street Electrical Parade: Guests will be dazzled as this beloved and iconic parade returns to its original home, Disneyland Park, for a limited time, from Jan. 20-June 18, 2017. The legendary parade, which premiered in 1972, will once again light up the night, sparking magic, wonder and, for some, a sense of nostalgia with thousands of twinkling lights, the synthesized music of “Baroque Hoedown” and treasured characters from heartwarming Disney stories. Appearing in Disneyland Park for the first time in more than 20 years, the parade will be led by the familiar whimsical train pulling a giant drum unit proudly proclaiming “Disneyland Presents… Main Street Electrical Parade.” More details are at DisneylandNews.com.
- Season of the Force: Star Wars and Disney fans will enjoy out-of-this-galaxy experiences during Season of the Force in Tomorrowland. At Hyperspace Mountain, guests climb aboard the re-imagined Space Mountain attraction and join in an X-wing Starfighter battle as they race through the darkness. Inside Star Wars Launch Bay, guests explore replicas of movie props and models from the new film, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and have the opportunity to meet favorite characters like Chewbacca. Young Padawans discover whether they have the makings of a true Jedi at Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple, an interactive experience where they may face villains such as the ominous Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister from the Disney XD series Star Wars Rebels.
- Moana: Having sailed among the islands of Oceania on her quest with the demigod Maui, Moana now has come ashore to visit with guests in Adventureland. The daring teenage heroine stars in “Moana,” the new blockbuster film from Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort – From mid-September through October, guests will celebrate Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort with ghoulish delight, reveling in the spooky décor, creepy treats, and chilling seasonal overlays of Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. Guests of the separate-ticket Mickey’s Halloween Party will go trick-or-treating throughout Disneyland and enjoy an exclusive Mickey’s Halloween Party parade and fireworks.
- Holidays at the Disneyland Resort – From November through early January, Holidays at the Disneyland Resort is in festive full swing. Many guests make it a tradition to come for the Holidays and visit the parks for Disney-themed treats, snowfall on Main Street U.S.A., glistening décor and holiday entertainment. Special holiday attractions include “it’s a small world” Holiday, Jingle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion Holiday, celebrating the collision of Halloween and Christmas.
Isn’t it time you made plans to go to the Disneyland Resort-or back to Disneyland?